Ever since Y Not started as a party in a field for our friends way back in 2006, we wanted to create something honest, sincere and fun.
12 years later, we remain committed to that.
After the 2017 festival, our priority has been refunds, and our team has been absolutely focused on getting money back to everyone as quickly as possible.
We are taking your comments on board and using your input to help shape the 2018 festival. We know that Y Not matters to you, and what you think about the festival matters to us. We’ve listened to everything you’ve said, and we are so grateful for your thoughts, feedback and passion.
Many of the team have been with the festival right from the start, and our aim has always been to be direct and open with you. That’s never going to stop, and so we wanted to make some promises to you now.
We will be back next year, committed to delivering you an amazing Y Not.
We will be fully reviewing our key suppliers to ensure the highest standards of customer support are met on-site. We will be:
- INTRODUCING A NEW SECURITY CONTRACTOR
- INTRODUCING A NEW WASTE MANAGEMENT CONTRACTOR
We will be examining all of our facilities, from toilets to power infrastructure, to see where improvements should be made. Specifically we will be:
- INTRODUCING A CCTV SYSTEM
- USING A MORE ROBUST FENCING APPROACH – DOUBLE LINED IN KEY PLACES TO SECURE THE SITE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
- IMPLEMENTING A FULLY REVIEWED ADVERSE WEATHER PLAN
We want to ensure that information reaches you as efficiently as possible be that prior to or during the event. We will be:
- INTRODUCING AN INFORMATION POINT THAT WILL SERVE AS THE GO-TO FOR GENERAL QUERIES AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT
- REVIEW HOW WE DELIVER INFORMATION ON SHOW DAYS AND ENSURE THAT WE REGULARLY PROVIDE UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS VIA OUR SOCIAL CHANNELS AND WEBSITE PLUS ANY OTHER CHANNELS AVAILABLE TO US ON SITE
There will be significant changes to the site layout this year. This will include paying particular attention to access points, groundworks in relation to weather and new hard standing tracks where possible.
Families are at the heart of what the festival was built upon and we know we have to protect that, and the trust that families have had in us over the years. We will be:
- INTRODUCING A FAMILY SPECIFIC WRISTBAND
- REDESIGNING THE LAYOUT AND INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE FAMILY CAMPING AREAS
VIP will form a huge part of the site redesign, opening up new specifically designated fields plus additional infrastructure to meet the expectations of all VIP customers.
This is just the start in a series of communications about improvements to Y Not this year. As we develop, more information will be shared with you.
We would love it if you spoke to us about this and next year’s event and we have set up a dedicated email – [email protected] – This address is a place to share your thoughts and give your ideas for the festival. Again, we are so grateful for your input. All general enquiries should be sent to [email protected]
On behalf of the entire team we would like to say sorry to all of you that your experience this year was not one you had come to expect from us.
And thank you again. We know that Y Not would not exist without you. We are going to make sure that Y Not 2018 is the best one yet.